Friday, December 24, 2021

Then One Foggy Christmas Eve

 And, man, is it foggy. It's 41 degrees at 9:30 PM and we had drizzle today so the frozen ground and the warm temperature has made fog. I am so glad that I am snug in my house and all of my loved ones are snug in their houses too. Nobody is driving around in this pea soup. Tomorrow is supposed to be colder, in the mid-30s, but partly sunny. Much better for driving across town to have Christmas supper with DS and family.

The Cardinal visited the platform feeder this morning. It mostly tried to hide behind the posts but then one House Finch got brave and decided to try to land so the Cardinal turned around to drive him off. Not very nice of him but at least I got a better picture.



I sat down to draw with a better attitude today and drew a brain and a pile of books out of the 3-D book. The brain has a pair of eyes on stalks poking out of it. Who thinks of this stuff?


Then after a break for writing group I sat down with the Draw Squad book and redrew the six figures in one of the early lessons. I figure if I draw the new stuff in the 3-D book, then I'll treat myself to the ease of drawing something I have drawn before. We call that practice.



I got the first stockinette section of the DK Shawl done, did the garter ridges that divide the sections, and got through the eyelet section. Next comes more garter ridges before embarking on a new section with a different stitch pattern. It's getting interesting.


Today's toss was another DVD. This one was a movie of Mom's that I never watched and will never watch. Begone!

The prompt today was taken from a YouTube video that a writing friend played. It showed musicians from all over the world playing the same song and in one part it showed three young men in Mali dancing in sand. They were amazing. I can barely walk in sand and they were moving with ease. I wrote about how walking in sand makes me feel dragged down. Not very cheerful but it was a good writing exercise that might turn into a poem.

Merry Christmas to you!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Merry Christmas to you too. Hope the fog has all blown away by the time you read this so you can drive across town with no problem. Know you'll have a happy time with the kids. XXXXX