Thursday, December 23, 2021

A Dusting

We got a dusting of snow this morning. Naturally the heaviest was when I was driving to the grocery store to get ingredients for when DD is here. The snow was kind of slushy and made the streets slick which made driving interesting. I realized that I need to think of something for lunches too. Oh wow, I am really out of practice having guests.



For drawing practice I stuck with the old Draw Squad book for the most part. I just sat there and drew little tables with faces on them until I ran out of steam. I'm not giving up.


Tonight while I knitted I watched A Charlie Brown Christmas and How the Grinch Stole Christmas so now I feel like I'm ready for the big day on Saturday.



Speaking of knitting I got a ways on my DK Shawl. I keep expecting each row to add a stitch but it's only every other row that adds a stitch so I have fourteen more rows before I get to do something different.



Today's toss was another DVD that I never watch.

The prompt today said to write a rhyme about a slug. So I rhymed slug with jug and slime with time. It isn't pretty but it's done.

My brother AJ called me today so I got to have a nice chat with him. I need to talk to him more often. I keep saying that but I never call. I'm a bad sister.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Even a light dusting of snow counts. It's kinda chilly down here. Paul is wearing a sweatshirt. If he puts on long pants, I'll know it's really cold!