Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Christmas is Creeping Closer

We won't have a white Christmas they say. If I lived farther north, maybe, but not in Green Bay. Oh we might have a flake or two tomorrow but it's supposed to be in the low 40s on Friday so that means rain or freezing rain. Yippee. Just as long as I can make it across town on Saturday afternoon for Christmas supper at DS's house.

I saw a small sign of Spring this morning. See the slight tinge of yellow around the beak of this Goldfinch? In a few months that yellow will have spread all over the bird's body and it will stand out like a canary instead of being all drab in the snow.



I managed to catch one of the Nuthatches at the feeder this morning. At one point there were two of them but, of course, they were on opposite sides of the tube feeder and didn't stay long enough anyway.



I bought another Kindle drawing book today. I read the introduction and the beginning chapter and it doesn't give the steps for the drawings so I returned it. One thing I read was that when you are struggling is when you are learning so I got out the 3-D book and gave it another go. First I drew a few of the little figures in the Draw Squad book and then I drew another of those Bug Eyed Birds.



After that I turned the page to see that I had buildings to draw in perspective and not. There's less direction in this book, I'd like more explanation of what to do next and how to do some things but I guess I can figure it out. I guess.

 

Today's toss was another DVD that I will never watch again, this one is about Yellowstone.

The prompt today said to write down as many words as you can think of with the letter "X" in them. I thought I would have a long list but I didn't even make it to 20. Pitiful.

I dug out the slow cooker cookbook and found a recipe for chicken and noodles that I think I might make when DD is here for a visit. I want to make something that we can just heat up and not have to think of cooking. Maybe I'll go to the grocery tomorrow to pick up the ingredients so I have them on hand before the holiday.

--Barbara


1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I think you should write a short story to go with your drawings. They are all so good and before you know it, you'd have a little illustrated book. No white Christmas for you? That's not right. The one time you want snow, it doesn't come. At least DD is coming and that's a very good thing.