Thursday, July 1, 2021

I Had A Beer

It seems I've developed a little taste for beer.  I met a couple knitting friends at Zambaldi for beer and knitting and I liked it.  Tonight was the first time since March 2020 that we met in person to knit.  Up til now it's been Zoom knitting.  We've tried to knit in the park a couple times but have gotten rained out both times.  Tonight we were in a nice, dry taproom with a beverage and a bowl of popcorn.  It felt so normal.


I finished the June Toe Cap this afternoon...



... and cast on July Toe Cap #1 to knit on at the taproom tonight.  I had started another one but realized that I didn't have enough yarn to complete it so I yanked the needles out and started this one.  One of these days I'll figure out how much yarn I need by weight so I don't waste my knitting effort.  Maybe I'll weigh this one when it's done to have a guesstimate for future reference.


The Downy Woodpecker showed up at the suet pellets this morning.  You can tell it's a male by the red swoop across the back of his head.



I was thinking the other day that the Japanese Beetles haven't arrived to eat up the roses when I saw one on this daisy today.  Guess the roses are doomed and the daisies are going to get nibbled too.



The butterfly weed is blooming nicely.  I haven't seen any butterflies on it though.  I did see a Monarch butterfly fluttering around the yard the other day but it didn't land anywhere I could creep up on it to take its picture.



One of the Black-eyed Susans (or Rudbeckia) flowers opened.  I think the petals look a little sparse.  Maybe this is a different variety from the other ones I have or maybe my memory is faulty.  That could totally be it.



I'm keeping an eye on the ripening blueberries.  There aren't many of them and they're taking their own sweet time turning from green to blue.  I'm hoping to get to them before the birds do.


Today's toss was a handful of non-slip hangers.  I bought a raft of them to hang all of the dresses that I made the last few years and now they're all donated so I have excess hangers.

The prompt today said to list ten words relating to the desert.  At first I thought it said dessert, that would have been a snap, but desert posed a bit more of a challenge.  I started with sand and a mirage and went on from there.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

How fun it must be to meet at Zambaldi's with your knitting buddies. You've got to be so proud of DS and his wonderfully successful enterprise. I'm proud to know someone whose dream came true.