Wednesday, July 14, 2021

More Flowers & A Bee

Another little stalk of Butterfly Weed bloomed so I took its picture and saw a nice little bee there sipping nectar or collecting pollen.  Haven't seen a butterfly there yet.

 


One lonely Stella d'Oro lily bloomed.  It's the last one of the long line of eleven plants to flower.  All of the others are done blooming so this sole plant is showing off the yellow flowers.

 

 

The Bee Balm is still going strong.  I can't get enough of the exuberant flower petals.  I wonder if they've got nectar in them and are the reason that I haven't seen any Hummingbirds for the last couple weeks.  I hope so.



More of the Echinacea is blooming now.  The buds are taking their time to open up.



Today's toss was a couple packets of "resume" envelopes.  They're pretty fancy and heavy but I'm not planning to send out any resumes in the foreseeable future.  I have a box of plain envelopes that I don't have to lick.  I'm keeping those.

The prompt today said to start a stopwatch and look away.  Then stop it and write down the time without any points.  Write a story that might take place in that year.  I got 2339 so I wrote a Jetsons-like story of a guy going to work in his commuter pod that joins a sky train.  He longs for the days of ground travel and stay-at-home dads.  It was okay.

Clouds rolled in this afternoon and brought a small thunderstorm.  Now we've got nice steady rain with a little distant thunder, and doesn't sound like it means to stop for a while.  That's okay, we need the rain.  I wish I could send the rain out West to help quell all the wildfires.  So terrible.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

We've had enough rain to douse all those terrible fires out West. Terrific downpours with thunder and lightening that feels as if its right on top of our house. Summer afternoons in Ft. Myers!