Saturday, July 24, 2021

Drizzle

That's how the day started, with drizzle.  I heard rain in the night but by morning it was just spit and sputter until about 11 o'clock, then it was cloudy, then the sun came out and the temperature soared into the mid-80s and the humidity went up with it.  Ugh.



The Red-tailed Hawk spent time on the fence today.  I didn't see it down on the patio or on the birdbath where I saw it yesterday evening, only on the fence.  The chipmunks are still skittish and dart out to cram some seeds in their cheek pouches and then dart back into the shelter of the ferns.  And the squirrels are impervious.



I see the honeysuckle is starting to bloom again.  I wish it would bust out in blossoms so that the Hummingbirds would come back.  



This is a terrible picture but it's a Nuthatch on the suet pellets.  I got a better shot but the bird was behind the crook and Slinky and you couldn't tell what it was.  There were just slivers of bird visible.



Then later on a Downy Woodpecker visited the pellets too.


Today's toss was the rattan trunk that held all of the old writing books.  Now I have to basically put the stuff back where it was before I started tossing it.  The papers are staying in the recycling bin.

The prompt today said to write a song about a human falling in love with an AI (Artificial Intelligence).  Wasn't there a movie about that in the last couple years?  Anyway, I scribbled down some nonsense.

I spent a lot of the day reading the manuscript of my first National Novel Writing Month attempt.  I wrote it in Bonaire and it's a mix of travel journal and fiction.  What amazed me was how often Durwood wasn't able to do things, how debilitated he was by the heat and his lungs.  Sad.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Quick visit from the Rehder boys this weekend. Short and sweet. I actually saw two red headed woodpeckers on the frangipani yesterday. Usually it's just some kind of black bird out there. Hope you get some hummingbirds soon.