Friday, July 9, 2021

A Short Ride

There's a young Downy Woodpecker that's coming to the suet these days and most of the time he lands first on a Slinky to have a short ride down and up.  He sits there looking smug and bobbing.  Today I was lucky enough to catch him with the camera.



The day lily that was reddish the other day has another blossom that is more pink today.


And the next plant is plain old orange day lilies.



The Black-eyed Susan is still abloom and the next one is getting ready to pop.



I picked some blueberries today.  They were delicious, sweet and warm from the sun.




I finished the July Toe Cap #2 this evening at Friday Night Knitting with less than a yard of yarn left.  Whew.  As LB said, that's good yarn management.  It's about an inch shorter than usual but it'll fit some foot.


Today's toss was a leather Gillette document case that Durwood used to use for sales calls.  Not the sort of thing that I'd use.  I ended up deciding to toss the Copper Harbor hoodie yesterday.  I have a lot of hoodies, don't need that one.

The prompt today asked for your perfect vision of the afterlife.  Uh, I'm not sure I believe in an afterlife.  Mostly I think that our time on earth is all there is.  Not that I don't talk to Durwood at times, I'm just not sure that he's around to hear me.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I'm counting on an afterlife where I can catch up with mother and daddy and Marl -- maybe even Harry!! I picture it as some kind of Happy Hour. I'm just not ready to get there yet.