Sunday, July 18, 2021

I Mowed Again

And it was just as enjoyable as the first time.  I could get used to having quality tools.  This mower cost at least twice and maybe three times what the previous one cost and it shows.  Today I was better at changing directions.  There's a bit of a learning curve since this one is rear-wheel drive and the older one was front-wheel drive.  It makes a difference, I discovered.  I still got all sweaty though.


While I was mowing I spied this yellow day lily trying to hide behind the orange ones.  I knew that there were yellow ones somewhere.  I hoped that some were on the retaining wall but no luck.  Not that I'm complaining, the lilies up there are beautiful.



Here's a row of orange and red ones up there from this morning.

 

 

I keep watching out for Japanese Beetles because last year they decimated my ferns but so far I have only seen a couple of them, like this one on a Purple Coneflower today.  They're not really purple, more dark pink, but nobody asked me.  I'll just call them Echinacea.

 

Today's toss was a knitting machine that I've had for years and never even took out of the box.  Someone gave it to me and it needs a big table and I don't have one big enough that I don't use for six other things.  Maybe someone will figure it out and have space to play with it.

The prompt today said to visit a library or bookstore, pick a book, and write down the title.  Write a blurb about what you think the book is about.  I visited a friend this afternoon and she told me about a book so I used that title, Facing the Mountain, and made up a blurb about a woman rehabbing from a stoke.  It was an interesting challenge.

 --Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Everything costs at least twice as much as I think it should. But it sounds like you got your money's worth with the mower. Some things are worth it -- especially tools. Thanks for the shot of the lilies along the fence. So pretty.