Wednesday, July 21, 2021

I Was Wrong

The hawk came back today and I got out the Audubon bird book and properly identified it.  It's a juvenile Red-tailed Hawk.  It's the bird I've been hearing in the early morning and it took a dump on my patio chair so I had to go out and scrub it.  Jeez, bird, thanks a lot.  The amazing thing is that a squirrel scampered across the patio while it was up there on the umbrella and all it did was watch the squirrel go by.  I thought maybe it'd swoop down and try for lunch but it didn't.



The red lilies were looking good today.  All four plants at the end of the row on the retaining wall had lots of flowers on them.



The yellow lily had a single flower

 


 

as did the orange "Tiger" lily in front of it.  This clump of lilies is just about done flowering but the last remaining stargazer lily plant beside it is just about ready to bloom.  I'll keep watching for it.

 

 

The daisies and bee balm are still going strong.  Every time I look out at them I smile.


Today's toss was a couple writing books from the rattan trunk.  I also found an altered book that I pasted pictures and poems in that I'll keep.

The prompt today said to list five red items.  Let's see... my car, blood, Santa's suit, a fire truck, Dad's roses.  Easy peasy.

I got a haircut today so now I'm itchy.  And I broke a nail cleaning the grass out from under the mower deck.  I planned to clean it right after I mowed but the mower was too hot so I waited a couple days.  Does everyone but me know that you're supposed to clean the mower?  I never knew that but LJ told me I had to so the grass doesn't build up and stop the blade.  I learn something new every day.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Sounds like the hawk has found a home in your backyard -- and a bathroom in your chair!! The daisies and beebalm make me smile too. Those colors are so cheerful somehow. They define summer.