Thursday, July 15, 2021

Just A Quiet Day

I did laundry today and went to the grocery so I spent time climbing up and down the basement stairs and walking around the giant grocery store.  Nothing too notable about that.


A Downy Woodpecker came to the suet pellets this morning.  I had to buy a different flavor of pellets this time, berry instead of orange, so I wondered if they'd attract a different bird.  Nope, same old birds came for the new pellets.  I don't mind.



 

This purple coneflower, aka echinacea, has a little iridescent spider on the petals.  It's hard to see but it's hiding there right near the center at about three o'clock.



The old-fashioned day lilies are still blooming.  Every morning I go out to see if other colors have emerged.  So far only orange ones.

Today I took the tosses to Goodwill only to discover that they don't take hangers.  Why not?  How do they hang all the donations?  The guy couldn't say so I ended up driving to St. Vincent de Paul where they do take hangers.  St. Vinnie de P takes golf clubs too which Goodwill does not.  Maybe I'll start taking all my stuff there.

The prompt today asked about ten seconds that changed your life.  That was an easy one.  The first time I rolled off a boat into the ocean in scuba gear my life changed.  I was very nervous about doing a backroll thinking that I'd bash my head on the hull but I finally got up my nerve and splashed in a welter of silver bubbles.  When I turned to look down it was like looking into an aquarium.  Durwood and the others were swimming around the coral and sponges and it was like a Cousteau special.  For that hour I was no longer a terrestrial being.  I was never the same.

We knitted in the park tonight.  There were six of us and the weather was perfect.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Yes, Goodwill does have rules. They refused the dandy floor scrubber I offered. It's an electric Bissell and I was surprised when they said "no." It's still riding around in the back of my car. Maybe ReStore. If there's a St. Vinnie's here, I'm not aware of it. That life-altering moment challenge was an easy one for you!