Thursday, July 22, 2021

One At A Time

I went out looking at the same old flowers but decided to take pictures anyway.  The red day lily is the prettiest, I think, with its brick red petals around the bright yellow throat.  There are five or six plants with this color flowers, four on one end of the retaining wall and two on the other end.



The salmon pink one is a close second.  There's only one plant with this color flowers and it's right next to the red ones.



I spied a variety of bee on this daisy.  There was a different bee on another flower, one with pollen sacs on its back legs, but that one turned out blurry so there's just this one.



I don't know what kind of moth this is but I admired its antennae.  They look like little fern fronds.  I would have liked to see its wings but it was on the outside of the patio door and I was on the inside.


The Red-tailed Hawk was on the patio umbrella when I opened the curtains this morning and then it flew over to the trellis in the garden.  It stayed around for a while and then flew away but came back around suppertime.  When it was gone a very skittish chipmunk ventured out to the fallen seed under the feeder but it didn't stay long.  I don't blame it.  But there was a squirrel out there again while the hawk was on the umbrella.  It must think it's too big for a meal.  I have to warn you, as long as I can take its picture I'll post one every day so be ready.


Today's toss was the last of the writing books from the rattan trunk.

The prompt today asked how you'd like to be remembered.  Sheesh.  The other day it asked about tombstones and now this.  Kind of a fatalistic trend, don't you think?  Anyway, I said I'd like to be remembered as being kind.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your favorite lily is also my favorite. Those colors are so vivid and beautiful together. Sounds like the hawk is becoming a permanent resident in your backyard. He does look formidable and if I was a squirrel, I don't think I'd venture out while he was around.