Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Waiting For The Storm

All day long they've been threatening us with a severe storm and I think it's on the way.  It might hit us a glancing blow in an hour or so but I won't be awake for it.  Ooh, the first thunder.  Maybe it's closer than I think.

The Red-tailed Hawk was back in the birdbath this afternoon.  My assistants were here so they got to see it too.  They were impressed and I let them use my big camera.  Good thing it's digital, there were 13 out of focus shots of the hawk. 

 


The red day lilies are still blooming like crazy.  I was outside this morning to take this picture and heard a bunch of birds harassing the hawk in the neighbor's yard.

 

We saw a Hummingbird at the feeder at lunchtime today.  It's been a couple weeks since I've seen one and it was LC's first Hummingbird sighting.

 Today's toss was some small index cards with old writing prompts on them.  Since I don't have a writing group anymore I don't need to keep them.

The prompt today said to write a week's diary entries for a rock star.  What???  Okay, rehearsal, sound check, podcast, write songs with lyricist, concert, sleep.

I got an email from The Clearing saying that they're requiring vaccination proof.  I'm so relieved.  I was worrying about being in close contact with a bunch of people up there in September and not knowing.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

So glad to read that The Clearing is still on your calendar. Wear a mask if you have to and have that wonderful week you look forward to all year. I trust the hawk picture is one you took but sounds like the kids had fun with your other camera. We've had big thunder boomers here a lot. It always sounds as if the storm is right on top of us.