Sunday, July 25, 2021

No Hawk Today

I didn't see or hear the hawk today, dang it.  I hope it hasn't moved on to a different hunting ground.  I did catch a Goldfinch on the feeder this afternoon though.  Goldfinches are hard to take pictures of because they don't stay anywhere for long.

 


The Stargazer lilies have bloomed.  A few years ago I bought a whole bunch of this type of lily when they were on closeout at a grocery store parking lot greenhouse and this is the last one remaining.  I don't know if something ate them or if they just failed but I'm happy to have this last one to enjoy.  It's too bad we don't have smell-o-vision because their fragrance is intoxicating.

 

The butterfly weed by the blueberries is still blooming and I saw a Monarch on it the morning but, of course, it fluttered away when I got closer so here's where the butterfly used to be.



And the spiderwort is still blooming too.  It's tucked into the bee balm and daisies but I managed to isolate the flowers to show them off.



Today's toss was a pair of toddler puzzle books that everybody is too old for.

The prompt today said that you've been recruited to be a spy.  What's your first mission?  Eek!  I think I'd be okay as a courier, taking something from here to there, but I'd be a terrible secret agent because I'm a rotten liar and bad at keeping secrets.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

A real rainbow of colors today. Thanks for all the close-ups plus the goldfinch. So pretty. Almost exotic or something. I could never be a spy. I'd talk too much!