Friday, July 23, 2021

Red Sundown

I went out to take pictures of the Red-tailed Hawk and saw the sun peeking between the trees and it was really red.  It didn't turn out so red in the picture but I'm putting it on here anyway.  The smoke from all the wildfires out west and in Canada has turned the sky gray way up high and it tints the sun as it sets.



This morning the Red-tailed Hawk landed on the back of a patio chair and glared down at the squirrel again.  I don't know why it doesn't make a grab at the squirrel.  Maybe it's too big?




The Black-eyed Susans are really beautiful.  For some reason I expect them to be bigger, like the daisies, but they're more medium sized and kind of dainty.  I like 'em.



At Friday Night Knitting I finished July Preemie Hat #2 with just about a foot of yarn left.  I could have knitted one more round on the body of the hat before the decreases but didn't want to chance running out.  Just another game of yarn chicken that I won.



Then I started July Preemie Hat #3.  This one is a size bigger than #2 and in plain white yarn.  I'm running out of variegated yarn to knit them with so I'm reduced to using plain solid color yarn and this white is what I had at hand.


Today's toss was an old copy of a manuscript.

The prompt today said that you come home to find that someone has moved into your house and thinks it's theirs.  What happens next?  Oh lordy.  I call the police and pull out my driver's license and copies of bills to prove that this is my address, not theirs.  There are photos of me with family on the walls and no mail comes for anyone not in my family.  This is a real Twilight Zone moment.  I'm not sure what else to do.  The whole idea creeps me out.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Isn't there a kids' story like that? The Borrowers?? At least they lived beneath the floor but even that's creepy. Cute little preemie hat. Teeny tiny. Can't believe it'll fit on a baby's head but you know your preemies!