Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Flowers & One Bird

I have lots of blooms to show you.  The best is the mint blossoms with a Monarch butterfly on them.  I was taking pictures of all of the flowers on the retaining wall and happened to look at the mint plants and saw the butterfly.  I crept over ever so slowly and managed to snap a picture when it opened its wings.  Yay!



 

The salmon pink day lily is blooming enthusiastically.  I am a fan of these flowers even though I'm not a fan of pink.


Right next to the salmon pink is a red day lily that's sending out a flower a day.



At the other end of the retaining wall the old-fashioned orange day lilies are starting to bloom and next to them are three plants that will have other colored flowers soon.


 

One of the small Black-eyed Susan plants has its first flower today with lots more buds ready to pop.


 


Just as I started yoga this morning a Hairy Woodpecker came to the empty suet pellet feeder but didn't stay for long.  This Cardinal came for breakfast and repelled all comers for quite some time.  Cardinals don't like to share.


Today's toss was the third and final box of manila file folders.  I think these must be a remainder from when Durwood had a hypnosis practice and used them for client files.  Why else would we have so darned many of them?

The prompt today said to write about a surgeon with shaky hands.  So I did.

Today my baby girl turned 40.  It seems like only yesterday that she was just a wee thing but I guess not.  Of course, if she's 40 that means that in September I'll be 70.  Also hard to fathom but it must be true since all of my classmates are 70 too.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

The Monarch butterfly picture should be on the front page of your newspaper! One of your best ever. Thanks for creeping over to snap the perfect shot.