Sunday, July 4, 2021

No Blue Flowers

Happy Independence Day!  I spent the day with DIL1's family, picnic-ing and swimming.  Her dad is a model railroad enthusiast so we got to see a year's worth of improvements and refinements.  It's an awesome display.  Each grandchild has a feature named after them, from a volcano to a lake park and everything in between. 



I took a picture of the bee balm and daisies and thought it was too bad that I don't have any blue flowers so that my garden is patriotic colored but I'm a big fan of the red and white flowers together.



The largest clump of day lilies is going great guns.  There's milkweed mixed in there too but I haven't seen any chrysilises or many Monarch butterflies.



There was the slightest band of pink in the sky when I went to close the curtains and now there are fireworks exploding all around.  None of them are close enough to be seen through the trees but lots of booms and crackles.  I pity the neighborhood dogs.


Today wasn't a great WW day.  I confess that I ignored the food plan pretty thoroughly.  Cross my heart, I'll get back in the saddle tomorrow.

No toss today.

The prompt today said that you were asked to appear on a local news program to debate an issue that you think is important.  What would you chose?  Oh man, either racial equality or LGBTQ rights.  Both need to be talked about.  I feel strongly about both but I'm terrible at debating so I'd be a disappointment on the news.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That's some impressive train layout. Boys and their toys!! Didn't see any fireworks around here last night either. Just on TV and that's not the same. The Capitol Fourth disappointed us this year.