Friday, July 2, 2021

No Luck So Far

I went lawnmower hunting today and had no luck, no luck at all.  You wouldn't think that the first of July would find most of the lawnmowers out of stock but they are, especially the one I want.  I put my name on a list of "if one comes in, call me" at an Ace Hardware store but skipped it at Home Depot.  I have one more store to visit tomorrow, maybe two, before abject despair sets in.  I planned to have a photo of the chosen mower to share tonight but, as you can see, I got skunked.

I refilled the suet pellets this morning and as soon as I turned around there were three Chickadees on the feeder.  There were four but as soon as I picked up the camera one flew away.  I think these are a bunch of siblings from the same nest since they always seem to be together.



This Cardinal landed on the patio and shooed away a clutch of young House Finches to peck at the seed fallen from the feeder.



All of the House Finches on the patio were the young ones in all their dull brown plumage but this pair of adults were up on the perches staying above the hubbub of the ones on the ground.



The Gray Catbird came for his daily bath.  I really like the dark gray color of his feathers.  I don't know why I'm so attracted to him.



This is what I knitted on this evening at Friday Night Knitting.  It's July Toe Cap #1 and I got to the decreases.  I'll finish it tomorrow while watching Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries or Midsomer Murders that I DVR'd on PBS.


Today's toss was another handful of non-slip hangers.  I still have a zillion of them and even more plastic tubular hangers.  Maybe I'll sort out some of those to toss tomorrow.

The prompt today asked what you could do to be a better version of yourself.  Oh, introspection is not my forte these days but I managed to bumble around and write an answer, which I am not going to share.

Even though it's only July 2 there is a plethora of fireworks booming and crackling outside.  I wonder where people get their illegal fireworks around here.  Seems like everyone around me has some.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Birdland!! Your backyard is certainly their playground what with all the snacking and bathing, etc. Like being at the beach for them. Hope you find the lawnmower you want before the grass gets too tall.