Monday, July 5, 2021

But Pretty Weeds

 I went outside in the hot and humid to take a picture of the Black-eyed Susans that are blooming and found these little weed flowers at my feet.  They look white but they're the palest pink.  I don't know what kind of vine they are, maybe some variant of Morning Glories, but I think they're pretty.



Only one of the Rudbeckia plants has blossoms on it right now.  Maybe more will burst out in buds and blooms but for now this is the only one.


I tried to catch the Wren on the Menopausal Goddess sculpture but he flew away as soon as I snapped the picture so you get the metal lady with no bird.  Ah well.



On my way to the hardware store to buy the lawnmower (but they were closed today) I saw that the Sunny Hill Farm stand was there so I stopped.  I asked for two quarts of strawberries and sugarsnap peas.  I meant one bag of peas but evidently I wasn't clear because I got two of those too.  They won't go to waste.  I'll make more hummus tomorrow and use the peas as transfer medium.  Plus they're so good to just munch on.


I weighed the last toe cap I made (21 grams) and then weighed the yarn I was sure there wasn't enough of (20 grams) so I started over figuring I can make it a little shorter and have enough yarn.  I need to remember that there are many sizes of feet so no matter how big or small I make them they'll fit someone.


Today's toss was more hangers.  I have a zillion tubular plastic hangers and I've gotten rid of most of my clothes and not replaced them so I don't need to house all those hangers.

The prompt today said that you know when you'll die.  Will you change the way you live?  Thinking of knowing when I'd die froze me in my tracks.  I felt like a deer in the headlights.  I hope that I'd make good use of my time but fear that I'd be frozen into inactivity.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Sweet pale pink flowers. They don't look like weeds to me. The peas and strawberries look delicious so glad your trip to the hardware store wasn't in vain.