Thursday, July 8, 2021

I Mowed

That's right, I fired up my new, fancy lawnmower and let it drag me around and around.  It did a good job.  It'll take some getting used to because it has rear-wheel drive but I enjoyed it.  As with LJ's mower, it didn't take less time but it took less effort.  I like it.

I managed to capture a picture of a Goldfinch on the feeder.  They're very skittish so it's rare to be fast enough to get one.



The Downy Woodpecker was back on the suet cakes and it had a friend.  One of the Sparrows landed on the other perch and had a snack at the same time.  I'm surprised they shared the space since neither of them is very good at sharing.


The theme of the flowers today is "pink."  The yarrow is pink...



... and the echinacea is pink too.




Today's toss was supposed to be a Copper Harbor hoodie that I haven't worn in years but I got chilled this evening and put it on.  Now I'm not sure I want to toss it.

The prompt today said to write a comedy about a contract killer that's scared of blood.  Really???  I got an idea and started writing but what I wrote isn't particularly funny.  I fail to see the humor in the prompt.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You're right. There's nothing funny about blood! Love the goldfinch. Really a beautiful little bird and I'm glad you caught it standing still! Happy mowing with your new wonder mower. That was always a gratifying job back in Dallas when I actually mowed the lawn. Those days are gone forever!