Sunday, July 11, 2021

Blah Birds

My feeders have become the favorite eating place of a flock of blah birds.  These are this year's fledgling Sparrows and they're all medium tan with a bit of darker brown on their back and wings.  No color to speak of and there are a lot of them.  They flutter over and around each other and take turns on the perches.

 


This House Finch came for the first time today.  It has a lot of nice orange pink on its head, belly, and back.  Usually they hang around on the platform feeder and are hard to see but this guy landed on the patio and showed himself off nicely.

 

 

I'm in love with the daisies and bee balm.  I'd like to say that I planted them together on purpose but I didn't.  They both spread like crazy and have spread together to make this beautiful display.

 


I listened to an audiobook this afternoon after doing some more weeding on top of the retaining wall and managed to add more rounds to the July Toe Cap #3 but again I found myself getting distracted and just listening with my knitting sitting in my lap.



Today's toss was a full box of manila file folders.  Why I have boxes of them I don't know but one box went into the toss pile today.

The prompt today asked why the chicken crossed the road.  Sheesh.  To get to the other side, of course, where the grass is always greener.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Love the daisies and beebalm together. A match made in heaven! And you did get one colorful bird. Thanks for "capturing" him and sharing.