Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Not Much

 I had a pretty quiet day today.  It was too humid to play outside.


The echinacea is still blooming like crazy.  The Japanese Beetles are leaving them alone, for the most part, so they're looking pretty good.



This Downy Woodpecker started to enjoy a snack of suet pellets when another Downy Woodpecker showed up on the same feeder. They lunged at each other for a few feints then flew together, circled each other, and flew away one after the other.  Nobody came back.  *sigh*


Finally a male House Finch showed up.  Usually all that comes is a gaggle of juveniles and they're all pale brownish gray and dull.  Like all teenagers, they empty the birdfeeder in record time and fling seed all over the ground and patio.


Today's toss was another bag of shopping bags.  I confess that I saved one of them but the rest went away.

The prompt today said to spin around five times and write an ode to the first thing you lay your eyes on.  I didn't feel like spinning around so I wrote an ode to the arrow crab on the poster across the room.  I'm not repeating it, it's terrible.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Spin around five times and then write something? Maybe spin around five times and then grab the wall! Glad you didn't follow that one exactly. I like your description of the birds acting like teenagers. Good one.