Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Just One Bird

I only saw one bird today but what a bird!  I don't know what made me look up from my writing but there was this Cooper's (I think) Hawk on the patio umbrella.  No surprise that there wasn't another bird or rodent in sight.  It stayed for a long time, at least ten minutes, so I got to admire it for a while.  I've been hearing a hawk early in the mornings but haven't seen it, mostly because I'm still in bed when I hear it and I don't leap up and roar out to find it.



I cast on a preemie hat last night and knitted on it a little.  I found this evening that I can knit one round during a commercial break.  Makes for slow progress but I don't mind.


Today's toss was a book about sunken treasure and a bunch of old writing papers went into the recycling bin.

The prompt today said that two cars collide on a rural road.  No one is hurt but the cars are unable to be driven.  There's no cell service, night is coming, and the temperature is falling.  What happens next?  That's quite the setup.  I wrote the dialogue exchange between a man and a woman, one thing led to another, and they got married.  The end.

I had a heck of a time falling asleep last night.  It was after 1 o'clock when I stopped hearing the clock chime.  That meant I wasn't surprised when I woke up around 9:30.  Made for a short morning.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That hawk is quite an impressive visitor. Glad you got to enjoy his company for a while. I like your story. Sad beginning but happy ending!