Monday, July 12, 2021

I Blew It

I went to lunch today with some of my 8th grade classmates and totally blew my diet all to hell.  I had a cheeseburger and sweet potato fries and I ate it all (except for half of the bun).  It was delicious and I don't even feel bad about it.  I'll get back on track tomorrow and life will go on.

This red day lily is part of the plant that got saved when the public service guys came to fix the power pole in the corner of the yard.  They dug up the area around the pole and I asked them to save the lily plant.  They did but evidently missed a little part of it.  I don't remember this blooming down there in years past but that could be my faulty memory.  It was a nice surprise to see it today.



Yesterday afternoon I filled the peanut wreath and put it on a crook at the back of the yard and by mid-morning it was empty and this squirrel was down at the birdbath rinsing out its mouth.  No matter where I put the wreath they waste no time in cleaning it out.  It's like a relay of squirrels.  One jumps up, nabs a nut, falls down, and scampers off, then another one is waiting for its turn.



The Sparrows are just about as dedicated to emptying the birdfeeder.  There are four perches on this feeder and there are usually three Sparrows on them.  This one was the vanguard of a flock of about six that came to squabble over perches and take turns flinging seed down for the Mourning Doves.



Dad's rose is holding its own against the Japanese Beetles.  I don't know if it's because it's been so hot or because it's been so dry but it seems like there are a lot fewer Japanese Beetles around this year.  I'm just as glad because the rose depredation is much less so I get to enjoy them more.  Thanks, guys.


The coleus is (are?) filling up the pots with colorful leaves.  I need to remember to go out and water them tomorrow.  I'm writing this so I don't forget.


Today's toss was another box of file folders.  Why do I have so many?

The prompt today said to close your eyes, open a drawer at home or at work, select an item, and write a murder using the object as the murder weapon.  I opened a drawer and hoped for scissors or a lighter but instead I dipped out a Sharpie.  How do you commit murder with one of those?  I wrote for a page and never did figure it out.  They aren't sharp enough to stab anyone with and they're not poisonous.  I'm stumped or maybe I'm just not imaginative enough.

I went around and dusted all the flat surfaces I could find today.  I have too much stuff sitting around that needs to be moved to dust.  Does anyone have flat surfaces that aren't dotted with things?  I've never seen it.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You must have been planning to get real organized at some point in time -- thus, all the folders. You could draw a picture of a person with the Sharpie; then completely obliterate him with it! Rub him out!! Isn't that a phrase used in the underworld to kill someone???