Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Rainy Day

It rained almost all day today.  Not the kind of tropical storm rain you had, Aunt B, but steady. Sometimes it just drizzled but there was usually something falling from the sky.  And it didn't get out of the mid-60s either, so wet and chilly.



That made it hard to go out to get this picture, but I managed.  I glanced out and realized that when the spiderwort was blooming I had red, white, and blue-ish flowers in the garden.  So I had my patriotic garden only a few days late.


In the afternoon I saw that one of the day lilies up on top of the retaining wall had blossomed and it was another red one.  Happily I noticed it during one of the lulls in the drizzle.  Woohoo!  I'm hoping that the others are different colors too.  There are a lot more buds poking up so we'll know soon enough.



The Wren moved into the platform feeder to sing today.  Most of the other birds stayed home but that little guy had a lot to sing about, I guess, because he was determined to find a sheltered place for his song.



I gathered up a bunch of my Fair entries and took their picture so that I could write a Knitting Guild blog post trying to encourage more of the members to enter.  There are a couple other items that I didn't dig out but this is most of them.  The entry deadline is a week from tomorrow so it's time to be thinking of what to enter.


Today I pulled down the owner's manual file and sorted out all of the ones for things I no longer have and tossed them, mostly to make room for the manual for the new lawnmower, but also just to clean it out.

The prompt today said to imagine you're losing your sight.  What would you miss seeing most?  Cheerful thought.  I'd miss seeing faces, all faces, but most of all I'd miss seeing my family's faces.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Love the patriotic garden shot -- even if it's a couple of days late. Our rain is all done now and the sun's out. Life goes on!