Saturday, July 17, 2021

Lilies

The two original day lilies burst forth in flowers today.  The first one is salmon pink and beautiful.  It just keeps blooming.


 

 


But the one that fills me with joy is the one right next to it.  It's red, brick red, and (don't tell anyone) but it's my favorite.



The biggest Black-eyed Susan is full of flowers too.  I guess that's what July is all about.


 


The male Sparrow posed for me on the feeder today.  It was focused on picking out just the right seeds from the feeder and tossing the rest on the ground.


The Wren spent a lot of time singing today.  It's favorite perch of the day was on top of the crook.



And the Gray Catbird showed up for a bath.  I've been missing it the last few days.  I was afraid it had found a birdbath it liked better.  I don't know why but I really like the looks of this bird.



Yesterday afternoon I finished the July Toe Cap #3.  I weighed the remaining yarn and I don't have enough to make another one and maybe not even enough to make a preemie hat.


Instead of finding something to toss today I sat here and tried, no, worked on adding to a manuscript.  I didn't get very far but I feel good that I sat and did it.

The prompt today asked what success means to you.  Hmm, success means having lost weight when I get on the scale on Monday morning.  I've been kind of stuck the last month or so and have been bouncing up and down gaining and losing the same two pounds.  I'm not sure what the solution is but I'm not giving up.  That's a lie, the solution is to stick to the plan more closely.  I'll work on it.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I like the catbird too. It's kinda like a big wren -- the way it's tail sticks up. And wrens are such a sweet reminder of 3310 Cave. Don't know why. Maybe the birdhouses Daddy made.