Monday, July 26, 2021

Hawk!

I unhappily woke up too early this morning but that meant that I got to see the Red-tailed Hawk in the birdbath getting a drink.  It also dipped its bottom in the water but it was too shallow and the bird too big for it to really get wet.  Seeing it in the birdbath gives an idea of how big it really is.



Another Stargazer lily flower opened today.  These flowers last more than one day so maybe all of the buds will be open at once and the plant will look like a beautiful lily bouquet.



More honeysuckle flowers are popping out.


 


There was another yellow day lily open nestled in the leaves below the Stargazer too.



This afternoon I soaked the shawl I entered in the Fair in wool wash and pinned it out so that it'll be straight and blocked before I take it in.  The Fair judges who came to our Knitting Guild meeting in May emphasized that it was important to block our items.  That is one of the things they check for and I want to win a blue ribbon.


Today's toss was a handful of canvas shopping bags that were Mom's.  I don't know how they got shoved onto a shelf behind a box and forgotten but I found them and off they go.

The prompt today said to write a letter to be read in 100 years.  I wrote that I hope that they're not enduring another global pandemic because the last one was 100 years before now.  I hoped that people were more confident in the efficacy of the vaccine and more willingly got it so that people are safer and smarter in another century.  I heard on a podcast today that someone has started to call it the "pan-damn-demic."  I like it.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

If your shawl doesn't win a blue ribbon I'm going to lodge a complaint. I hope you're able to display it on something like your drying mat. It really jumps out. Will people be living on Mars in a hundred years? That's my prediction. And I hope it's a peaceful place. No guns!!