Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Flowers

I tried to take bird pictures today but every time I saw a photo-worthy bird it zipped away before I could get the camera up.  Two or three times the Nuthatch came but was gone in an instant.  Once I saw it land so thought I had enough time but, no, it grabbed a seed and sped off.  I saw the Hummingbird once but again was too slow and too late.  So all we have today is flowers.


The bee balm is blooming nicely.  It wasn't too windy so I managed an in-focus close up of
one blossom.



The red day lily is still blooming too.  Not as many flowers as there were last week but still a decent showing.



The original orange day lilies are blooming too.  I've never noticed the pretty markings in the centers of the petals before today.



Dad's rose is still in flower.  Each of the canes has its own bouquet of flowers on top.  When it rains, and it rained again this evening, the flowers get so heavy that they bend the canes down to the ground.



And under Dad's rose the purple chrysanthemums are blooming which means tomorrow I go out with the little shears and clip them back so they bloom in the fall when they're supposed to.



I knitted on June Toe Cap #1 this afternoon and got to the third color and the toe decreases.  Just a few more rounds and it'll be done.


Today's toss was a dinosaur-shaped creamer, a stegosaurus to be exact.  That is the last of my little collection of non-cow creamers that I'm donating.  I have one more shaped like an elk but DD expressed a desire for that one so I'm keeping it for her.

The prompt today said that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.  Discuss.  I know what it means, that the coordinated efforts of a group is more powerful than the efforts of the individual participants, but once I've said that I don't know where to go with it.  If anywhere.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Thanks for the flower show. Even without birds, there's lots of beauty in your backyard. I think your discussion pretty much sums up the subject. 'Nuff said!!