Sunday, June 6, 2021

Blooms

All of the poppies opened today.  Even the buds that were tightly closed yesterday have popped and all of the orange petals are unfurling.  I'm happy to see them, they make me smile.



More of the yellow Asiatic lilies are opening too.  There used to be orange ones too but they didn't come back like the yellow ones did.  I've planted more lilies that haven't survived than I care to remember.  Happily I got most of them on clearance, which may explain their lack of survival.  Or maybe rabbits ate them.



I spied the Catbird at the birdbath this afternoon.  He was just getting ready for a bath.  I figure it's a male because of the black on top of its head.  There's another Catbird without that I figure is the female since males are usually fancier.  I like the way he cocks his tail



The bleeding hearts are nearly done blooming.  I found this little row of flowers hiding in the foliage today.  I wish they bloomed longer, they're so pretty.



Today's toss was another pair of capris.  I'm doling them out, one pair a day, to keep from having to go downstairs to find things to toss.

The prompt today said that you made a time machine and know how to go to the past and the future but you're not sure how to return to the present.  Do you go anyway?  I say yes, because if you go to the past the present is in the future and if you go to the future the present is in the past.  I figure it was a trick question.

I sat out in the shade on the patio for a bit this afternoon, enjoying the heat and the breeze which made the heat bearable.  While I sat there the male Hummingbird came to the feeder for a few sips.  I didn't have the camera and moving would have scared him away anyway.  I love to see them, especially the little male.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I like your thinking on the time machine question. Clever girl!! Love that field of poppies. And the perky catbird picture would fit right into my bird-themed bedroom. I'm running out of wall space in there. Added three more pictures recently so maybe it's time to stop.