Friday, June 25, 2021

Popular Pellets

Two species made good use of the suet pellet feeder today.  This little Chickadee spent quite a bit of time pecking at the pellets and then hopped over to the crook to feed a fledgling that was perched fluttering there.



 

Then one of the newer squirrels hung there nibbling away until I got tired of looking at it and opened the patio door to shoo it away  I don't begrudge it the food, I just don't like it hogging the feeder.


 

I went to visit DS at Zambaldi the other day and watched him clean one of the tanks.  It involves a lot of water, both hot and cold, some sanitizer, and more water to rinse it out.  He says that brewing there is much easier than home brewing because he can hose out the equipment and if anything spills he can wash it down the drain.


 


Some of the milkweed bloomed!  I haven't seen any monarch butterflies yet but I'm sure they'll be around soon.


 

 

The day lilies next to the milkweed also started blooming.  These day lilies are the old ones that were in back of the first house we lived in when we moved to Green Bay in 1962.  They're tough old plants.  Very sturdy.



I finished the Chocolate Snow Day hat at Friday Night Knitting.  I am so glad that I ripped out my first attempt and started over.  This smaller hat fits me just fine and will keep some sailors noggin warm next winter.



Today's toss was a Christmas sweater (not an ugly one) that no longer fits.

The prompt today asked you to write about something that annoys you.  I wrote about people who still contend that the pandemic is a hoax and that coronavirus is just a form of the flu.  Really, people?  I'm not going to start.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Cute little chickadee perched there on the feeder. Cuter than the squirrel I have to say! Nice that you can visit with DS at the brewery. The pictures of that place always impress me. So big.