Thursday, June 3, 2021

Cottonwood Fluff

The neighborhood cottonwood trees have begun sending out their fluffy seeds.  If you look closely at this photo of rosebuds you can see the fluff stuck to the spiderwebs on them.  Which means that the air conditioner is pulling it in too.  I'll be out there with the hose to clear it off over the weekend, I'm sure.



Another French iris bloomed.  I'm sorry to keep showing you the same kind of flower but that's what's blooming now so that's what we get.




The Russian sage is blooming too.  I used to think this was purple salvia but all I have to do is look at the leaves and I can see that it's a kind of sage.  I don't know if the leaves are edible but I don't plan to find out.  I'll use the sage that comes in a bottle from the store.



More of the Asiatic lilies opened today.  Soon that stalk will look like a bouquet with the cluster of flowers at the top.



This Cardinal is the only bird I saw today.  Oh, I take that back, there was a Hummingbird but I just enjoyed watching it and didn't try taking its picture.



Here's the last of my paper plates.  It's the one that follows the assignment, which was to imagine or remember a favorite meal, the closest.



Today's toss was a pair of wall plaques that I found in a drawer.  I don't know where they came from and don't remember ever seeing them hanging up.

The prompt said that you'd arranged a vacation only to discover that you'd booked a silent retreat.  How would you do?  I thought I'd be okay with it since I've been essentially alone for the last year and there are days when I haven't talked to anyone, like today.  I'm not saying I'd be happy with it but I'd survive.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I should show Paul your artwork. We dined out last night and he was planning to order lobster. Too bad it wasn't on the menu. Very noisy restaurant -- we'll never go back! The Russian Sage looks beautiful and the leaves look edible but McCormick's is probably a better and safer bet!