Sunday, June 27, 2021

Mowed

I got a call from LJ, my neighbor, this afternoon saying he'd been thinking of my not-fixed-yet lawnmower, said his schedule for the next week is pretty much full, and did I want to borrow his new, fancy lawnmower right then.  Boy, did I.  That is one sweet mowing machine.  The job didn't take less time but it did take less effort.  Maybe next year I'll save up and get me one of those.

As soon as the rain stopped this morning the Cardinal arrived to scatter the Chickadees and have his pick of seeds in the platform feeder.  I need to remember to refill it tomorrow.



The Gray Catbird came for his daily bath.  I know I keep showing him to you but I dearly love the way he ducks and fluffs and gets himself all clean before flying off.


 

More of the Bee Balm is blooming.  I think the flowers look like fireworks and can't wait for more of the daisies to bloom because together they please me no end.  



 

And the daisies aren't far behind.  Here's the first couple flowers just open today.


 

The spiderwort loved the rain we had yesterday.  It had stopped blooming so much but was back at it today.



A whole clump of day lilies is blooming.  I think there are clumps of day lilies up on the retaining wall but none of them have send up any buds yet.  I hope they're other colors.


 

Today's toss was a chicken-shaped cream pitcher.  I have a few cream pitchers (that aren't cows) that I used to display but since I don't put cream in my coffee why keep them.

The prompt today said to write an ad for a cleaning product.  Bor-ing.  I picked Draino because I like the name and my ad is lame.

I found out today that my adopted grandson, AD, reads this blog.  Hi, AD!  Glad to have you here.  Take care, I'm thinking about you.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Nice of your neighbor to loan you his lawnmower but I thought he might mow your lawn. Oh well, at least he thought of you. That counts for something.