Sunday, June 13, 2021

Cook Like A Madwoman

That was my day.  I decided to give the day over to finishing Investment Cooking for this bout.  I had three recipes left and managed to get them all done, portioned, and frozen today.  Whew.  First was Chicken Breasts Pierre, lightly breaded breasts in a tomato sauce spiced like Mom's sloppy joes with vinegar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.



Second was Hoisin-Glazed Chicken, breasts simmered in hoisin sauce, orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, and star anise.


Third (and last) was Salisbury Steak, ground beef with eggs, onions, and Italian bread crumbs, simmered in a sauce made of beef consomme, golden mushroom soup, and fresh mushrooms.  All packaged with one-third cup of rice per serving, labeled, and stacked neatly in the basement freezer.



The Stella d'Oro lilies have started to line up their blossoms.  Some of the plants have five or six flowers blooming at once.



The Russian Sage is still going strong...

 


 

and the red Day Lily has a half-dozen flowers on it today.

 

 

 

After cooking and washing up, I took the Chocolate Snow Day hat downstairs and turned it back into a yarn cake.  The hat was getting gigantic and I wasn't going to have enough yarn to finish so I'll cast on fewer stitches and take another run at it.

 

Today's toss was a "One Yard Wonders" book for making little kid clothes.  LC and OJ are too big for the items in the book.  Even IT has outgrown them.  Someone else will appreciate it.

The prompt today said to write down five objects that begin with the letter L and write a children's story about finding and losing them.  Not a successful attempt.  Not in any way, shape, form, or manner.  Suffice to say that my story involved a lizard, a lollipop, and linguini.  I got mired down pretty quickly and threw down my pencil.

And now it's thundering and raining.  That's a surprise.  I hope it rains for a couple hours.  We really need it.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

My dinner offering last night was apricot and orange glazed pork tenderloin on a bed of roasted onions. Sounds kinda fancy, doesn't it? Pretty good too. Your "fence garden" is looking beautiful. I saw on line a demonstration of Helix Knitting. Do you ever do that with leftover yarn? I thought of you when it popped up on my screen.