Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Peonies

The peonies are almost fully open today and still there are no ants.  I don't know what's wrong with my flowers, maybe they've forgotten how to make nectar or maybe ants avoid my garden.  These few remnants of a much larger peony patch are my favorite color of peonies and they're just beautiful.



One more Stella d'Oro lily has opened.  I'm waiting for the whole row of them to bloom.  I promise to show you if (when) it happens.  With my luck the plants will take turns opening one blossom at a time all down the row and I won't get a line of them.  Fingers crossed.


Birds have been few and far between in the last days of 90 degree heat and humidity but this little Sparrow came for a bath today and I managed to snap his photo.  There's nothing like a dip in tepid water to cool you off on a hot day.



Or if you're this Starling you can visit the suet pellets which must be sticky and gloppy in this heat.  I don't know how to tell if this is a male or a female but it sure enjoyed its visit to the pellets.




My grass is really growing in the heat.  I am not going to go out and risk heat stroke to mow, so this baby bunny had a nice hiding place in the lawn by the birdbath.




I added a few rounds to the Chocolate Snow Day hat.  I'm not in much of a knitting mood so it's going to take me a good long time to make this.  I don't know why but I just can't get excited about knitting lately but I have to have a project on the go so I have an excuse to Zoom on Friday Nights.


Today's toss was the last pair of capris to be thrown into the Goodwill box.

The prompt today asked what is your dream job and why.  I had my dream job in the dive shop.  I worked there for 25 years and it seemed like the blink of an eye.  Once I had my work done I could knit or sew or watch Netflix and I got to wait on people who were excited to go on a trip or had just come back from one so most of my customers were happy.  It was a fun and happy place and I got paid to hang out there.  What's not to love?

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You did have the dream job at the dive shop. Nothing better than doing something you love and then getting paid to do it!! We should all be so lucky. Cute pix of the bunny. I'm more tolerate of them now that they aren't eating the landscaping (if you can call it that) in our front yard.