Friday, June 18, 2021

Rose Bouquet

Today we have all the roses blooming.  The sun was blazing and the wind was hot and it got up to 90 again.  If I was these roses I'd give up and droop but there they were blooming away and perfuming the air as I watered the plants.



 

This little rosebud was all by itself looking perfect.



And the reddish day lily is going strong.  There are lots of flowers and it seems a shame that they only bloom for one day before dying.


 


The Downy Woodpecker came to snack on the suet a few times today and I managed to snap its picture on one visit.  It spent some time on the platform feeder edge looking confused too but finally managed to make its way to the suet.  It looked more comfortable there.



I finished the ribbing brim of the Chocolate Snow Day hat at Friday Night Knitting and made my way into the body of the hat.  I'm glad that I ripped out the earlier attempt at this hat and went with the smaller size.  I still think that it'll fit me so it'll fit a grown up sailor.


Today's toss was a pair of black linen Pants no. 1.  I thought that they might be okay to wear but I put them on, over my capris, and they were still too big.  Good thing I ordered a couple more pairs of capris from Walmart today, my supply of summer pants is shrinking rapidly.

The prompt today was to write a sonnet with the first letter of each line in alphabetical order.  No.  I remember the rhyme scheme for a sonnet ( ABAB CDCD EFEF GG) but there was no way I was writing a sonnet much less one with the letters in order.  Nope, not doing it.  So I skipped to the next one which said to write the first scene of a play with the first line, "An onion has many layers."  It's easy to write a play scene because you can just write a conversation, just the lines with a few stage directions.  So that's what I did.

I did the laundry today because of my pants shortage and it's too blamed hot to wear long jeans.  Tomorrow I get to fold.  Yippee.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Yes, the roses deserve center stage today. Wish I could smell them. Sounds like summer has arrived in GB. Hurricane season down here and that's always a little scary. Fingers crossed we're spared.