Saturday, June 12, 2021

All the Flowers

All I have to show you today is flowers.  I spent the day up in Door County at the celebration of life of my first dive shop boss and friend, ETW.  It was a cool, cloudy day with a nice breeze off the bay and wonderful to see old friends.  I was busy talking and reminiscing and didn't take one picture.  Not one.


But that's okay.  When I drove away this morning I saw that Dad's rose had bloomed overnight.  One beautiful red rose



and one rosebud getting ready to open.  I know I say this every year, but I wish I had smell-o-vision so you could sniff these flowers.  They smell like roses are supposed to smell.  Heavenly.



The Asiatic lilies are doing their bouquet impression now that all of the buds on top of the stalk are open.  Makes me think of summer brides.



Right next to the Asiatic lilies the red day lilies are starting to bloom.  They're not very red, more like rusty red but they're the reddest I could find at the time and maybe the reddest day lily their is.  They look a little droopy, I should probably water them tomorrow.



Before I left for Door County I scurried around and got Chicken Cacciatore into the slow cooker so that when I got home it was almost done cooking and smelled great.  Three more recipes to go in this bout of Investment Cooking and I'm hoping I can get them all done tomorrow.  Two with chicken breasts and one with ground beef.  I should be able to knock them out, right?  Right.


I'm counting the second stack of kids' books sorted out yesterday as today's toss since I wasn't home most of the day.

I didn't write any of the prompts today either and I skipped yoga this morning.  Except for that crockpot of chicken and tomatoes today was a day off.  I get one now and again.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Everything beautiful and delicious looking today. I agree with your description of the bride's bouquet and Dad's rose is spectacular. June in GB looks good to me!