Monday, June 7, 2021

More

More French irises are blooming on one plant.  They look so pretty against the weathered gray wood of the fence.



I was struck by the center of this poppy.  See how the seed pod is swelling and the petals and sepals (?) or stamens (?) (the pollen-y things) are falling away, adding a splash of bright green to the orange and purple color scheme.


And the peonies are starting to open.  I looked up what about them attracts ants.  It seems the opening buds secrete nectar, but I don't see any ants on mine.  Maybe tomorrow.


 


Tonight's sundown promised a bit of color.  It was hot today, not as hot as the last couple days, it only got to 89, but the humidity rose and the wind died so it was much more uncomfortable.  And it's not supposed to get any better through the weekend.  Goodie.


 

Today's toss was another pair of capris.  Still avoiding going downstairs to find other things to toss.

The prompt today asked who you would most like to apologize to.  I said Mom.  See, Mom used to call me every day to tell me about her bridge games and ask what I was up to and it drove me nuts.  But now that my kids are grown and gone I miss them and would love to talk to them every day.  Sorry, Mom, I'll do better in my next life.

I decided that I need more fiber in my diet so I looked up fiber-rich foods and now I have a list.  I made a batch of hummus because chickpeas are very high fiber foods.  Apples, blueberries, and especially pears.  I love pears.  Carrots are high fiber so I can use baby carrots to convey hummus from the dish to my mouth.  Win-win!  I've hit a plateau, weight loss wise, so maybe an increase in fruit and veg consumption will help me avoid sweets that are my downfall.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Maybe you're at the weight you should be and don't need to lose any more. Isn't there something about "maintaining" that is the end point? Yes, the Iris are a portrait waiting to be painted.