Saturday, June 19, 2021

I Read A Book

That's what I did today, I read a book from cover to cover.  I didn't mean to read a book all day but I got into it and was surprised to be caught up in the story.  The book is by a woman from whom I took a writing class at The Clearing years ago and I didn't want to like it because her class wasn't the greatest, but it ended up capturing my interest and I didn't put it down.

Today was a bird day too.  First a Goldfinch came to the crook and posed with one wing up.  I took the picture through the screen which explains why the picture is a little murky.



Then a Hairy Woodpecker came to the suet pellets first and then to my neighbor's suet feeder.  Hairy Woodpeckers are about half again as big as Downy Woodpeckers and their beak is longer and pointier.  Hairys don't come visit as often so it was fun to see her at the feeders.



And finally I caught a glimpse of a Hummingbird this afternoon.  Of course it perched on the side of the feeder where I could barely see it but I managed to get a little of it in the frame.


 

Today's toss was six pairs of ankle socks that have the terrible habit of falling down and ooching under my foot when I wear them.  Not comfortable at all.

The prompt today said that you're late for an important meeting when you see someone in distress and no one else notices.  Do you drop everything to help or do you go on to your meeting?  Ooh, that was a hard one.  I'd probably help, at least I hope that I would.  I'm already late so what's another bit of time?

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Of course you would stop to help. I know you would. The goldfinch through the screen is very "arty" -- quite nice. Glad you liked your instructor's book -- in spite of yourself!