Thursday, June 17, 2021

Impression

I was watering the pots this morning and noticed the fading peonies and this one looked like an Impressionist painting to me.  Maybe with a Dali-esque melting flower aspect.  Maybe I needed more coffee.



I watered the geraniums and redistributed the soil that the chipmunk had dug around in.  I don't know what it's burying there but I'm sure something like safflower seeds will sprout soon enough.


 

There was this puff of rabbit fur under the feeders this morning.  I don't think it was a hawk, maybe an owl tried a grab in the night.  There's no blood or other parts so I'm assuming that it was an unsuccessful grab.


 


The last art assignment was called Shadow Portrait.  We were supposed to bend hanger wire into a profile of ourselves and embellish it as we wished.  Um, hanger wire is very hard to bend so I used this thin wire that I had in a drawer and it wasn't too easy to shape and bend either.  It's about as thin as twist tie wire so the profiles I made were small, as small as the palm of my hand.  I couldn't figure out how to embellish them until I ran across a box of beads downstairs so I strung a few beads on the wires and called it finished.  Neither of these looks
remotely like me (I hope) but it was an interesting and fun challenge.


Today instead of tossing something I took the latest tosses to Goodwill.

The prompt today said to list ten things that are green.  Peas, green beans, a chameleon, paper money, one pair of my glasses, a bell pepper, a four-leaf clover, a lawn (not mine right now, it's brown and crunchy, we need rain), leaves, jade.  There, that wasn't so hard.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I'm giving you an A++ for the art assignment. Well done. No, they don't look like you but they're a definite profile. And making that list of words? That was duck soup for a writer like you. Even the Dali-esque peony speaks of your artist eye and brain.