Monday, June 14, 2021

Meemaw-ing

I spent my day meemaw-ing with OJ.  This was his first Meemaw day in about 6 weeks and he was very excited.  We played with Legos and then went to the zoo.  After that he played with the play food and toy animals, actually he said that he wanted to play with everything.  And he did.  We capped off the day with a short jaunt to the Titletown playground.  It was a fun but exhausting day.  People who are 5 have lots of energy.


We enjoyed watching the birds while we ate lunch.  OJ was lucky enough to spot a Hummingbird at the feeder and he liked seeing the Catbird take a bath.  He's very concerned that birds drink and bathe in the same water.  I assured him that I clean out the birdbath every couple days.



Dad's roses are putting on their early season show.  I am so tempted to go out, cut them, and bring them in to enjoy in a vase but they don't last nearly as long so I leave them and go out to sniff them.  I'm sure the neighbors think I've lost it when I go out a few times a day to smell the roses.



This little chipmunk entertained us at lunch too.  He (or she) scampered around on the birdseed cans, jumped to the Adirondack chair, and up onto the birdhouse roof.  He can jump up onto the birdbath in one leap from the ground.  He just stands there looking up and then, boop, there he is on the rim getting a drink.  Amazing.


Due to my day-long guest I didn't toss anything and I didn't write any prompts.  I could have done that after I dropped him off but I just didn't have the oomph.  Tomorrow.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your neighbors probably think you're taking time to smell the roses. Isn't that what we're supposed to be doing? Your day with the very energetic five-year old sounds like fun but I'm not surprised you were tired at the end of it. But so glad you can still have the MeeMaw Days with those kiddoes.