Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Like A Bouquet

All of the Stella d'Oro lilies are blooming up a storm.  I went out to take a picture and one of them looked like a bouquet so that's the one I chose.



 

I went to Zambaldi this morning and look what I saw.  The tap handle for Charlie Gerst Pilsner with his face on there. Charlie was my great-grandpa and a home brewer. It never occurred to me that if that picture is from 1927 then he was brewing during Prohibition.  DS said that last night was its first night on tap and it was the biggest seller during the Trivia night.




DS was starting a brew day when I got there so I got to go up on the brewing platform to watch the ground grains go into the mash tun with the water.  Here he's checking the rate the water is going into the big vat.


 

 


I restarted the Chocolate Snow Day Hat this afternoon and knitted on the brim ribbing while listening to my audiobook.  I love audiobooks, they keep me company when I'm driving and while I'll knitting too.


Today's toss was another pair of Pants no. 1 and the matching Tunic no. 1.  I can still wear both but they're too big and baggy and don't look good anymore.  Someone else will like them.

The prompt today asked who you'd like to be stuck on a subway train with.  I picked Durwood.  Predictable, I know, but he's the person I'd most like to talk to lately.

I had a haircut appointment today and arrived to find my stylist had taken a fall and broken her heel so she's in one of those rolling kneeling things which  meant that she cut my hair in her kitchen because the salon is three steps down.  She had a barstool to sit on and I had a shorter one.  She couldn't wash my hair but I'd washed it yesterday so that wasn't a deal breaker.  I still got a good haircut and that's what counts.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Here's to Charlie Gerst! Nice he's pictured there on the tap. He really was a handsome guy. Just like the brewer there keeping an eye on that tank. Of course you'd pick Durwood. I'd have been astounded if you'd chosen anyone else! It would have been wrong.