Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Not So Lucky

I tried to take a picture of the Wren popping its head out of the second birdhouse but just as I got set to snap a photo he flew off so all I got was a picture of the crab birdhouse.  Imagine a little brown bird half out of the opening.


I also tried to take a picture of a Hummingbird but all I got was a blur.  Even the feeder was blurred.  I must have been moving.



The irises are still blooming even though they're lying on the ground.  In that position I am able to peer down into the center of the flower.


 

I think the neighbors must have a finch feeder because this male Goldfinch has stopped by for a drink the last few days and today I managed to "capture" him.

 

 


Here is the first of my paper plate art assignment attempts.  This is the only Chinette plate I had.  I couldn't figure out how to overpaint on the "ocean" since I only have watercolors so I printed off some graphics from Print Shop, cut them out, and glued them on.



Today's toss was a puzzle that the grandkids have outgrown.

The prompt today said to write your full name, one letter on each line, and think of a word that describes you for each letter.  It wasn't easy, there are four As in my names, but I managed.

I spent time outside weeding the retaining wall.  A bunch of weeds decided to grow between the stones but to my surprise they came out easily.  I hardly got to use my digging tool.  And tonight I was the host of social knitting.  The weather was predicted to be nice so we met in the park.  Just as I left the house to go to the park dark clouds started moving in from the west.  Grr.  There were four of us and we just had about 45 minutes to visit before it started to sprinkle but it was great to see people in person.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your art assignment is very clever. Well done. A challenge on FB the other day was to think of a word with three A's. That was easy for me -- Barbara!! But does a name count as a word? Anyway, you've got me beat in the A department -- four for you. Even blurry and with no wren, the crab birdhouse is picture-worthy. Cute.