Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Red Bird

This morning this Cardinal chased a squirrel off the platform feeder.  Usually Cardinals chase other birds away but since I filled the feeder the other day and put in a handful of black sunflower seeds, one of the squirrels has taken to jumping in and stuffing its face.  I was surprised that the squirrel left.



The first woodpecker sighting was this Downy Woodpecker on the suet pellets.  Then not too much later it (or another male) was sighted on the suet cakes but that one took off before I got the shutter button depressed.  Tsk.



This afternoon I worked on the June Toe Cap #1 adding the second color of yarn.  What I thought would be enough yarn for the whole thing didn't make it halfway and this green bit is much less so I'll be adding the third color soon.



After lunch I decided to work on the latest art assignment--Proposals.  There are three proposals in the assignment.  The first is to dress like your parent, the second is to imagine your feet in a mountain stream, and the third is to kick a rock around.  That third one has a long explanation as to the purpose of the rock kicking but I won't bore you with it.  I chose the second one and made a mediocre drawing of feet in a stream and wrote a so-so poem about it.  Whew, that's done.


Today's toss was a sheep-shaped creamer.

The prompt today said to write a to-do list for the President.  I started out with make nice with NATO and the WHO since the previous president wasn't nice to them and then I started on my wish list.  I'm sure we each have our own wants and wishes and some of them might even come true.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Cooling your feet in a cold mountain stream sounds delicious. Your poem says it all. And your drawing could be my feet in the pool. That's about as far as I venture in.