Monday, June 28, 2021

Mistaken Identity

 I saw a Nuthatch visit the platform feeder for a split second this morning and thought it was back on the suet pellets so I took a picture.  Turned out to be a Chickadee pretending to be something it wasn't or maybe I got caught up in the excitement.  *sigh*  Ah well.  A male Hairy Woodpecker came to the pellets today too but he flew away before I could get a picture, dang it.



The Wren has taken up a position on the leg of my Menopausal Goddess hanging from the gutter.  He sings all day hoping to attract a female for his nest.  So far I don't think he's had any luck.  I watched him chase another bird but she gave him the cold shoulder.



Another clump of day lilies burst forth in bloom today.  They keep me busy going out to remove the spent blossoms every day.


 


I spied a little sprig of pink yarrow this morning on the side of the house.  It doesn't look very pink in this picture (and it's out of focus) but, trust me, it's pink.


I spent an hour this afternoon making my Fair entries online.  I made a list of what I wanted to enter last month when the Fair judges were the guest speakers at our May Knitting Guild meeting so all I had to do was figure out the class for each item and get them entered.  Once again it costs $4 to enter as many items as you want.  I splurged and bought an all access ticket so that I can go watch the judging and go back and enjoy it with friends, if I can find anyone willing to go with me.



This evening I started a toe cap with the leftover yarn from the last hat that I made.  I was sure that it'd be enough yarn for one.  Nope.  Not gonna be enough but I have two more little balls of the same yarn in different colors that I can tie on and make a multicolor one.  I think it'll be just fine.


Today's toss was a goat-shaped creamer.

The prompt today said that a relative offered to make you the beneficiary of a large inheritance on the condition that you use it to start a profitable business.  Write a business plan.  I don't know how to write a business plan so I rambled on about starting a lotion/lip balm business which has absolutely no possibility of becoming a profitable business but it was all I could think of on the spur of the moment.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Fingers crossed that little male wren attracts a mate. You have a house just waiting for a new family. Thanks for the Charlie Gerst sticker. I guess beer must be in the family DNA somewhere. So happy DS is carrying on the tradition of handsome men making beer!!