Monday, June 21, 2021

A Play Day

I went to Bay Beach Amusement Park today with Lala and a friend of hers.  We met at 10am, were some of the first people there, and we didn't leave until 3:30pm.  This is a city park and the ride tickets are 25 cents each.  Now, rides cost two or three tickets but where else can you spend the day on the rides and not spend more than $5?  Not counting lunch, of course.  It was great to be outside even if the day was cool and windy.  I forgot to put on sunscreen so my nose is sunburned.  Good thing I have aloe.  We rode on the big Ferris wheel with its panoramic view of the bay of Green Bay.

 


We had a blast on the bumper cars, rode both of the small-gauge trains around the grounds, rode the Scrambler twice, and the Tilt-a-Whirl three times.  Lala and friend went on the big slide and the swings.  I skipped those, they're too high for my taste.

 

 

I was pleased to see that the bee balm has started blooming.  Didn't see any bees today but I'm sure they're around.

 

 


 

The female Hummingbird paid a call today and sat there long enough for a picture.  I know I show you one every time I manage to take a picture but I can't help myself.  Even after all these years I'm still thrilled to see one.


 

 

I filled the birdfeeders and the squirrel corn but this two-toned squirrel decided to visit the platform feeder and help himself to sunflower seeds and mealworms, the snot.  I chased him away a few times but ended up giving up because he was so persistent.  Once the "goodies" are gone and only safflower seeds are left he'll leave the feeder alone.  I hoped that I could risk putting out the goodies because my neighbor has better seeds than I do but I guess not.


Today's toss was a toddler-appropriate sticker book that got lost behind some other things and never got played with.

The prompt today said that you change genders.  How would your days be different?  Would people treat you differently?  That was a hard one.  I've never wanted to be a guy and I'm not sure how my life would be different.  I'd still be retired, I think, and still putz around the house.  I did think (judging from Durwood's early retirement) that I might have a part-time job to keep me occupied.  

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

What a great day you had out with friends. I didn't think parks like that existed anymore where you could have all that fun for less than five dollars. Hope that place never closes.