Thursday, June 10, 2021

Cooking Up a Storm

 I got right down to making today's recipe this morning before I even got dressed.  First I made a batch of marinara sauce, suitably doctored up of course.  How can something be called marinara sauce when there are no herbs in it at all?  I fixed that and added bell peppers and mushrooms.  

 


While it simmered, I made Fast & Friendly meatballs.  Again I doctored up the recipe with sauteed onions, bell peppers, and garlic that I smooshed into the ground turkey along with the egg, bread crumbs, and Italian herbs but forgot salt and pepper.  (Can you say "bland"?)  I baked the meatballs til they were done and broiled them for a few minutes to give them a bit of a crisp.


Then I put them all together with some whole wheat pasta.  Six servings for the freezer.  I hope the pasta likes being frozen.  Stauffers freezes noodles so it must be okay.



After that I put Chicken Tikka Masala into the crockpot and let it fragrance the house all afternoon.  That recipe makes eight servings.  It was very tempting to have one serving for supper but I resisted.  *pats self on back*  I had a fried egg sandwich instead.


A few of the Stella d'Oro lilies are blooming.  I managed to capture this little row of them this morning.



 

The Asiatic lily is putting on its little show in the front.  I should plant some more of them.


The peonies are at their ultimate bloom.  All the petals are spread wide and still no ants.  *shakes head*  I don't know what's the matter with them.  Maybe the ants are on strike?


With all the cooking I did today I didn't search out anything to toss.

Today's prompt said to write a breakup letter.  So I did.  Cheryl broke up with Reggie but she was nice about it although she didn't fall back on "it's not you, it's me."

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Maybe by adding herbs to your meatballs you won't miss the salt and pepper. I have a feeling it will all get eaten. Although a fried egg sandwich sounds pretty good too. Love the row of yellow lilies along your back fence.