Sunday, June 20, 2021

They Wouldn't Pose

Those pesky woodpeckers, the Hairy especially, were singularly averse to posing for pictures today.  I bet I saw the Hairy Woodpecker half a dozen times but as soon as I had the camera ready she would fly away.  I did manage to capture a picture of a Downy Woodpecker which I will share.



The Gray Catbird came for his daily bath.  He's so elegant and persnickety when he bathes.  He dips, looks around, dips again, then flutters his feathers with none of the abandon that a Robin has.



Three Sparrows stopped for a communal bath too.  The bathing birds were the only ones that held still-ish long enough for pictures.  I watched a Wren build a second nest in another birdhouse.  He sang as he worked but, again, didn't hold still.


I found some more Dress no. 1s to toss today.  I'm down to two of them that I think I'll keep

The daily prompt asked for a novel synopsis where a great secret is revealed.  I made a married couple, one of them happy, the other unhappy, and meant to give them a secret but couldn't think of one.  Ah well, I tried.  (I should have made one a spy. Now I think of it.)

It was a gray and dreary day today with intermittent rain showers that were just enough to be annoying.  Blah.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Sounds like the birds were too busy to pose for you. But the three sparrows having a communal bath look very cute. How about planning a surprise birthday party for your story? I like the spy idea better.