Monday, March 25, 2024

Wet

That's right. Today it rained and it got warmer as the day progressed. It started out in the mid-20s and right now it's 47 degrees. And raining. Which means that in the last 36 hours we've had sunshine, snow, and rain. In that order. It felt weird to be out in rain today. I mean, yesterday it snowed which felt normal. Not rain. Rain is not normal for March in Green Bay, WI. Not even close.



I have fallen out of love with my Garmin Vivofit watch/step counter. So I dug out my watches and couldn't decide which one I wanted to wear so I took all three of them to the jewelry store and got new batteries put in them all. Now I can match my watch to my mood. They're all dive watches. Not a fashion watch to be seen. That's okay, I'm not a very fashionable person.


Today's Daily Art prompt said to fill the quarter page with orange and yellow dots. *sigh* So I got out the yellow and orange colored pencils from the cup on the table and the orange and yellow markers from the basket under the chair and got to work. It didn't take long for me to start making the dots a lot bigger than the examples (in the upper left) but then the meditative quality of some of these prompts escapes me. I just don't have the patience for a prolonged dotting.



I took another run at yesterday's Ikat watercolor but don't think that this one is nearly as good as yesterday's effort. Maybe I was too confident or too impatient.


The Gratitude Journal page for today was another easy one. I especially like the way the clouds and rain turned out.


I spent a lot of the afternoon working my way through the manuscript. I added another scene where Rose confronts one of the islanders who has snubbed her. I don't think it's very conflict-y but maybe I can beef it up. I'll read it again tomorrow and see what I can do.

I also spent some time chatting with my writer friend, cda, and we decided that we should meet in Kenosha for a couple days of writing and talking. A lot of talking, with a little shopping. Maybe. We wish we lived closer together but neither one of us is moving anytime soon.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I'm coloring in one of those Advent Calendar like things only this time for Lent. Lots of little pictures and letters but now that it's Holy Week, I'm making everything gold. Somehow that seems right -- like your yellow and orange dots.