Thursday, March 7, 2024

Olives Are A Vegetable, Right?

Or are they a fruit? Whatever they are I had them with pecans, cream cheese, and mayo on crackers for supper tonight. Not anywhere close to a WW supper but the temptation was great and I caved. So tasty.



I noticed these two Mourning Doves all puffed up and sitting side by side on the arm of the Adirondack chair looking like the best of buddies. By the time I got the camera ready and inched around to get the shot they'd evidently had words and were facing away from each other ready to fly apart. Oh well.


What do you do when the suet cakes are so small that you can barely peck on them? Why you hang upside down on the feeder so you can peck at the small remnants of suet in the feeder.



Today's Daily Practice was a big leaf study. I was supposed to combine two of yesterday's tiny leaf studies but I'd turned the page in my sketchbook and couldn't see yesterday's studies so I just copied what the teacher did. Sorta. It's okay. I like that it's colorful and I like the marks on the watercolor backgrounds. Who knew that I'd be using things from the Mark Making class in my watercolors?


I spent most of the morning and late afternoon working on my manuscript. There were three scenes that I hadn't put in there that I really like so I scrolled to what seemed like the right place and put them in. Then I read through the couple comment emails that have come since yesterday's Zoom and made a few changes on the latest version. One of these days I'll get it rewritten enough that it's publishable. One day.

 

I'm a day behind on Gratitude Journal pages. I do them in the late afternoon or early evening and yesterday and today I was busy then so this morning I did one for yesterday and I'll do today's tomorrow.



Tonight I knitted on the Cashmere Sophie and played a little yarn chicken. I wasn't sure that I'd have enough yarn to finish the row but I did with less than a foot of yarn remaining. Now I have three more 45 yd. balls of yarn to go before I'm done. Like I said, it'll be too warm to wear by the time I finish it but it'll be ready for next winter.


DS brewed today and his timing didn't work out for the afternoon school run so I got to pick up LC and OJ and give them a ride to the brewery. It's not much time but I like seeing them and I like helping out the too-busy grownups in their lives.

May be an image of 2 people, television, newsroom and text 

Did you see Jeopardy! tonight? Ben Chan from Green Bay was the winner and is in the Finals! He's been hosting watch parties at Zambaldi Beer and drawing crowds. Great for him and for the taproom.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Yes, the Mourning Doves definitely had a falling out. They both look very peeved! Watched the GB prof score another win on Jeopardy. Glad he's helping out with business at the brewery and I hope he goes all the way.