Friday, March 8, 2024

On The Way To The Toe

At Friday Night Knitting tonight I girded my loins and tackled the gusset of the Sockeye Salmon Hermione sock. The gusset is my least favorite part of knitting a sock so I was glad to work on it with people to talk to which made the time and knitting go faster. I caved in and transferred the stitches onto Double Pointed Needles to knit the gusset and then knitted them back onto the circular needle for Magic Loop to knit the foot and toe. One day I'll watch a YouTube video and learn how to knit it all on Magic Loop so I don't have to switch back and forth. Maybe.



Look who showed up this morning on the suet pellets feeder. The Red-bellied Woodpecker! It stayed there for a while so I got a fairly decent picture of it. In the afternoon just as the rain started I went out and filled the feeders so now there are plenty of suet pellets.


One reason that the pellets were so low is because a small group of European Starlings have discovered the suet pellets feeder and have been coming to squabble over who gets to peck away at them just about every day. They also tend to perch on the round feeder and dig into the seed pouring it onto the ground until they find what they're looking for, maybe a sunflower seed, maybe a peanut half. Gluttons.



Today's Daily Practice was the start of Landscapes week. We did a no-peek contour play and then another one where we watched what we did and then painted it with watercolor. This is okay. Not great but not terrible. I suspect that tomorrow's "official" painting of this scene will be pretty terrible at least it was last time I attempted it. I'll try my best, that's all I can say.


This morning I did yesterday's Gratitude Journal page first thing. I especially like the way the little heads of the grandkids turned out.



And today I had time to draw today's Gratitude Journal page after supper and before Friday Night Knitting so now I'm caught up. I thought that the Red-bellied Woodpecker turned out well.


I spent time twice today working on the manuscript but didn't get very far. I mostly reread what I've already changed and thought about ways to make Rose's life have more problems and give her more self-doubt. It's not getting any easier.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

That sock heel looks complicated. No wonder you don't enjoy that part. I like both bird pictures today. The starling looks very regal.