Saturday, March 30, 2024

Today On The Pellets

Look who visited the suet pellets this morning. It's a Nuthatch and it's looking straight at the camera as if to say "what're you looking at?" I'm a big fan of Nuthatches. I don't know why. Maybe it's their streamlined shape that pleases me so much.



I called up the beginner Kristy Rice YouTube video this morning and tried my hand at the leaf picture again. Parts of it are better than my first attempt. As you can see I practiced painting leaves at the top of the paper and didn't do too badly.


Then in the afternoon I decided to paint again while the laundry sloshed and tumbled around. For some reason my flower petals are too skinny but I got most of the leaves right. Then I turned the paper around to paint some more leaves that turned out to look like tadpoles. I don't for the life of me know what I did right the first times and wrong the last times. Watercolor painting is so relaxing!

 


I can tell that winter isn't over yet because there was a Junco out on the lawn this afternoon. I found out that their nickname is "snowbirds" because they're a harbinger of winter. I like the sleek gray black of their feathers.

 

For the first time in I can't remember when I've got daffodils blooming at Easter. When I was a little girl my Grandma Angermeier in southern Indiana had rows of daffodils in her yard that the Easter Bunny hid eggs among. We'd be out there in our Easter finery with our baskets finding them. I even had white gloves on. Very proper.

 


Just before I came back here I pulled out my drawing things, got 20 Ways to Draw a Tree back out, and sat down to draw. I've realized that I like drawing out of those 20 Ways books with pen better than drawing with pencil out of other books.

 

And I remembered to draw a Gratitude Journal page for today after forgetting to make one the last two days.

 

I finished listening to the audiobook of Better Than Mom's and have a couple pages of notes of things that got skipped or need fixing. I'll get them typed up and sent off to the narrator so she can make the corrections then send it back to me for a re-listen. It's a pretty good story, if I do say so myself.

I braved the Saturday crowd at the chocolate store because I didn't buy any Easter candy when DD and I were there last weekend. I don't know why. The place was jammed but I managed to find most of what I was looking for and made up the difference with some cute Pez dispensers.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Happy Easter!! My Easter outfit this year is a robe and slippers. No white gloves. But those were definitely a part of it when you kids were little. I have a picture in my mind of LD and Nancy one Easter. She's wearing a darling little outfit I made and he's dressed up like a little man -- hat and all. Long ago and far away....